Job type: Full-Time, Permanent Hourly rate: £8.21 – £8.52
The ability to drive is essential for this post.
Location: Residential care within Carmarthenshire, Swansea and Neath and Port Talbot
M&D Care are an established Care Provider, who delivers Residential and Domiciliary Care to individuals with Mental Health and/or Learning Disabilities. As a company, we pride ourselves on providing a high standard of service user based services in order to achieve a fundamental and lasting improvement in the quality of life for individuals requiring support. We believe that all individuals have the ability to grow and develop and residential care is the opportunity for further development along the road to independence. We have an exciting opportunity for anyone who wishes to take the next step in their career in care. As a Support Worker you will provide excellent care, to ensure the well-being, development and comfort of the people we support. You will be involved in supporting the daily activities of the people we support both in our residential homes and within the community. The activities are person-centred; promoting their dignity, independence and well-being. We operate a number of services – some are complex and require an extensive level of support, others are to mentor the people we support in becoming more independent, help them manage their social activities more effectively.
You’ll need to be:
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for vulnerable people with mental health and learning disabilities
- Able to work independently – this could involve taking sole responsibility for a person we support, ensuring the safety and health of the people we support are fulfilled
- Understand the need to provide personal care for the people we support.
- Able to work within the regulatory requirements as identified within Social care Wales and Care Inspectorate Wales.
- An effective communicator at different levels.
- A committed team member with the ability to support, involve and consult team members
A Support Worker will be expected to work 37.5 hours a week; shift patterns will vary and you will be required to work weekends and night on a rota’d basis. You will need to be flexible in you location of work as you could be situated in any of the 9 projects across the company, however we will try and place you as close to your home location as possible.
If not already qualified you should be working towards your QCF level 2 in Health and Social Care qualification. Proven experience in care advantageous but not essential as full induction and training will be provided.
Apply for this position
Please Note: to submit your application successfully, you will need to complete all of the required fields