Job type: Full-time, Permanent Salary: £18,000 per year
The ability to drive is essential for this post.
Location: Llanelli, Carmarthen, Swansea and Neath & Port Talbot
Our Trainee Manager scheme offers you a unique opportunity to develop a career in care. You will be fully supported to develop the skills required to fulfil a Managerial position while being exposed to the day to day operations and activities of the care sector.
About M&D Care Ltd
M&D Care are an established Care Provider, who delivers Residential and Domiciliary Care to individuals with Mental Health and/or Learning Disabilities. As a company, we pride ourselves on providing a high standard of service user based services in order to achieve a fundamental and lasting improvement in the quality of life for individuals requiring support. We believe that all individuals have the ability to grow and develop and residential care is the opportunity for further development along the road to independence.
About the Trainee Manager scheme
The Trainee Manager Scheme is an exciting opportunity for anyone who wishes to embark on a career in care. The Scheme will allow the Trainee to gain knowledge and experience through working with and supporting existing Managers within the company, and to use these experiences to fast track to Deputy Manager level. At Deputy Manager level, salaries can be expected to increase to £22,500 and £30,000 on successful progression to Registered manager level (Subject to Interview process).
Benefits of the Trainee Manager role:
- We support you in creating a home and work life balance you will have 30 days holiday including bank holidays each year (pro rata for part time employees)
- You will have access to continuous development opportunities, including sponsorship for professional and academic qualifications.
- You can achieve a yearly performance and attendance related bonus.
- We support you in planning for your future with our occupational pension scheme.
- Access to a Health Care Cash back plan after one years’ continuous service.
- Once employed if you refer a friend to join our team, you can earn up to £200 per recommendation.
As a Trainee Manager, you’ll need to be:
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for vulnerable people with mental health and learning disabilities.
- Ambitious and self-motivated to constantly develop within your role.
- Have the ability to work as part of a Management team and to be able to lead and motivate a support team.
- Be assertive in difficult situations.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
- A strong communicator with great interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic in your approach to tough challenges.
What is expected of the Trainee Manager
- The Trainee Manager will be expected to work 37.5 hours a week and will need to be flexible in their location of work as the you will be situated in all 9 projects across the company during the scheme.
- The ability to drive is essential for this post.
- We would expect the Trainee Manager to have a proven academic record. University diploma above or QCF level 5 is essential.
- One year’s experience in care is desirable; however, full training will be provided throughout the scheme.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Apply for this position
Please Note: to submit your application successfully, you will need to complete all of the required fields