Job type: Full-time, Permanent Hourly rate: £9.20 to £9.75
Have you always thought about a career in care? Do you want to make a difference? We are looking for Trainee Support Workers to join our brand new residential service in Ammanford, for people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and behaviours that may challenge. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in an exceptional service, providing outstanding care and support. Tegfan will be opening it's doors in March 2022.
Nothing compares to the feeling that comes from knowing that you have made a difference to someone else’s life – especially when that someone is a vulnerable adult. Here at M&D Care we place people at the heart of everything we do. If you want to support people, then we have a job for you. You do not need any qualifications or previous work experience, what’s really important is your values and attitude towards working with people who need care and support.
*Please note even though this service is not opening until March 2022, onboarding is starting now to allow plenty of time for training. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work in a similar service until the official opening.
- Are you good with people?
- Are you caring?
- Are you reliable?
- Can you work under pressure?
- Are you happy to chat and put people at ease?
- Are you a good listener?
- Do you respect other people’s values and beliefs?
- Are you keen to learn new skills?
- Are you over 18?
- Treat people with dignity and respect
- Good at working with others
- Committed to quality care and improving lives
- Willing to learn and develop
- Spending time listening to people to get to know them and their needs
- Respect people's right to make their own choices and decisions
- Committed to working as part of a team
- Give people your full attention and help people when they need it most
Our Support Workers play a vital role in the lives of the people we support and their families. You will work within our Residential, Supported Living and Domiciliary Care services, working with people with Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, Autism, and/or behaviours that challenge.
- The activities you will take part in are wide-ranging and centred around the individual you are supporting.
- You will be trained to offer person-centred support, which promotes dignity, independence and well-being.
- We operate a number of services, some of which are very complex and you may be required to work within challenging environments.
- You will actively promote independence in accessing the local community, and encourage engaging in work and further education where possible.
- In a domestic setting, you will help individuals learn to cook and keep their living space clean and tidy.
- You will provide focused support to assist people with individual tasks, personal care and medication needs.
- Everyone is unique, we want you find the way to get the best out of all the people we support, by positively promoting independence, choice, dignity and privacy.
- If you don’t have any previous care experience, we will provide you with the relevant training.
- We provide personal career pathways that enable staff to develop their skills, knowledge and expertise within a supportive Social Care team.
- We will support you to develop your understanding of clinical and social care issues which may arise.
- We will assist you in creating your own career pathway, ensuring that you feel confident in all aspects of the role.
- Double time for key festive bank holidays
- Early access to a proportion of monthly earnings
- Employees under the age of 25 are paid the highest rate of National Minimum Wage
- Refer a Friend bonus scheme
- Free DBS check
- Social Care Wales registration fee paid by M&D Care
- Employee Health & Wellbeing Scheme (>1yr service)
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Paid down time for domiciliary care shifts (i.e. full shift paid, including travel and down time between calls)
- Yearly performance and attendance related bonus schemes
- Pension scheme