Job type: Part-time and Full-Time contracts, Permanent
Hourly rate: £9.20-£9.75 *the hourly pay rate at Ty Hiraeth is £9.20, and goes up to £9.75 after 12 months if set criteria is met
Location: Penygroes, Llanelli
We are looking for Support Workers to join our new Residential Service team in Penygroes. As a Support Worker you will play a vital role in the lives of the people we support and their families.
Nothing compares to the feeling that comes from knowing that you have made a difference to someone else’s life – especially when that someone is a vulnerable adult. Here at M&D Care we place people at the heart of everything we do. If you want to support people, then we have a job for you. You do not need any qualifications or previous work experience, what’s really important is your values and attitude towards working with people who need care and support.
- You will become part of our incredible team, helping to deliver emotional and practical care and support for vulnerable adults and transforming their lives on a daily basis.
- You will be involved in providing quality care for vulnerable adults within a residential setting, you will ensure the highest quality of care is provided to the people supported through their person-centred care plans.
- You will be working on a rota basis, which may include early starts, late finishes and day and night shifts and weekend working.
- You will offer focused support with a range of tasks, including personal care, preparing meals, administering medicine, shopping etc.
- You will be involved in facilitating activities which are person-centred, which promote their dignity, independence and well-being.
- You will need to be committed to providing an excellent level of care for vulnerable people with mental health and learning disabilities.
- You will need to be able to work independently – this could involve taking sole responsibility for a person we support, ensuring their safety and health are fulfilled.
- You will need to work within the regulatory requirements as identified within Social Care Wales and Care Inspectorate Wales.
- You will need to be over the age of 18 to apply for this role.
- Treat people with dignity and respect
- Good at working with others
- Committed to quality care and improving lives
- Willing to learn and develop
- Spending time listening to people to get to know them and their needs
- Respect people's right to make their own choices and decisions
- Committed to working as part of a team
- Give people your full attention and help people when they need it most
- Double time for key festive bank holidays
- Early access to a proportion of monthly earnings via EarlyPay App
- All employees under the age of 25 are paid the highest rate of National Minimum Wage
- Refer a Friend bonus (you can earn up to £200 per successful recommendation)
- Free DBS check
- Cost of compulsory Social Care Wales registration fee paid by M&D Care
- Employee Health & Wellbeing Scheme (for staff with >1yr service)
- Comprehensive training
- Career progression
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays each year (pro rata for part time employees)
- You can achieve a yearly performance and attendance related bonus
- Occupational pension scheme.
- Part-time and Full-time contracts available from 22.5 to 37.5 hours per week
- We offer a variety of contracted hours (22.5 to 37.5 per week), shift patterns will vary, and you will be required to work weekends and night shifts, as required, on a rota basis.
- If not already qualified, you will be expected to undertake a QCF level 2 in Health and Social Care qualification as part of the role after successful completion of the probationary period. You will be fully supported in achieving this.
- Experience in care is not essential as full training will be given.
M&D Care are an established family-oriented business, which is run by a passionate team of professionals who deliver specialist, complex and bespoke care services throughout South West Wales for people with Learning Disability, Physical Disability and Mental Health needs. We believe that everyone should be given the opportunity to succeed and to achieve their goals and aspirations in life however big or small these may be.
Our residential services provide people with the extra care and support they might need. We aim to create a homely and welcoming environment for the people we support, their family and friends, and staff. We support people with a range of different needs, and we enable people to live the life they want.
Our employees are a diverse, inclusive and a talented team of individuals, striving to make a difference through their everyday work. Working for M&D Care means you’ll get the opportunity to work with amazing people and help to enhance and fulfil the lives of the people we support.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from everyone and actively seek a diverse range of applicants. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect.