Job type: Full-time, Permanent Hourly rate: £9.00
The ability to drive is essential for this role
Ynystawe Lodge is an exciting new facility specific for learning disability and behaviours that challenge. It is the culmination of all the change and understanding that has occurred within modernised care, which has resulted in a twofold requirement for buildings; firstly, that are safe, secure environments and secondly, they are able to manage the risks of individuals who have impulsive behaviours which affects their choice – making capacity. At M&D Care we believe that care should be less about least restrictive practice and more about finding creative ways to work with people. We have structured of Ynystawe Lodge to allow for independent living within a dependant environment.
We have a fantastic opportunity for anyone who wishes to take the next step in their career in care. If you are looking to diversify your knowledge and experience our Support Worker role at Ynystawe Lodge will provide you with an opportunity to work within a newly commissioned service working with, and supporting individuals with complex needs and behaviours. You will be part of a strong team working in a bespoke service and setting.
You will have the opportunity to experience care at its best with the most modern facilities and the implementation of active support within the service which gives you skills and communications methods to really make a difference to people’s lives.
M&D Care are an established Care Provider, who delivers Residential and Domiciliary Care to individuals with Mental Health and/or Learning Disabilities. As a company, we pride ourselves on providing a high standard services centred around the people we support in order to achieve a fundamental and lasting improvement in the quality of life. We believe that all individuals have the ability to grow and develop and residential care is the opportunity for further development along the road to independence.
Our company is diverse and growth driven and we have opportunities across the service including our supported living services, domiciliary care and residential care.
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for vulnerable people with mental health and learning disabilities.
- Able to demonstrate and understanding through experience of complex care and behaviours that challenge.
- Knowledgeable about issues relating to equal opportunities and how these will affect the people we support.
- An effective communicator at different levels.
- A committed team member with the ability to support, involve and consult team members.
As a Support Worker you will be expected to work 37.5 hours a week although you will be primarily based at the service in Swansea you will need to be flexible your their location of work, as you may be required to provide cover (at the appropriate rate of pay*) in any of the 11 projects across the company. *Please note there is an enhanced rate of pay attached to the Support Worker post based at Ynystawe, if you are required to work in any of our other services you will be paid in line with our standard pay structure.
If not already qualified with a QCF level 2 in Health and Social Care you will be expected to undertake this qualification within 6 months of employment. Previous experience in care or a complex setting would be advantageous, but not essential as full training will be given.
- Double pay for key bank holidays (Xmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day)
- The ability to earn the National Living Wage (once set criteria is met)
- Early access to a proportion of monthly earnings via our EarlyPay app
- We support you in creating a home and work life balance. You will have 28 days holiday (including bank holidays each year (pro rata for part time employees)
- You will have access to continuous professional development opportunities, including sponsorship for professional and academic qualifications
- You can achieve a yearly performance and attendance related bonus
- We support you in planning for your future with our occupational pension scheme
- Access to a Health Care Cashback plan after one years’ continuous service
- Once employed, if you refer a friend to join our team, you can earn up to £200 per successful recommendation