Job type: Full-Time, Permanent Hourly rate: £8.21 – £8.52
Location: Residential and domiciliary care within Carmarthenshire, Swansea and Neath and Port Talbot
M&D Care are an established Care provider, who delivers Residential and Domiciliary Care to individuals with Mental Health and/or Learning Disabilities. As a company, we pride ourselves on providing a high standard of service user based services in order to achieve a fundamental and lasting improvement in the quality of life for individuals requiring support. We believe that all individuals have the ability to grow and develop and residential care is the opportunity for further development along the road to independence. We have an exciting opportunity for anyone who wishes to take the next step in their career in care. As a Support Worker you will provide excellent care, to ensure the well-being, development and comfort of the people we support. You will be involved in supporting the daily activities of the people we support both in our residential homes and within the community. The activities are person-centred; promoting their dignity, independence and well-being. We operate a number of services – some are complex and require an extensive level of support, others are to mentor the people we support in becoming more independent, help them manage their social activities more effectively.
- The ability to drive and hold a valid driving licence is preferred for the Care Assistant post.
- Non-drivers will be expected to pass their driving test within 18 months of employment
A Support Worker will be expected to work 37.5 hours a week; shift patterns will vary and you will be required to work weekends and nights on a rota’d basis.
You will need to be flexible in you location of work as you could be situated in any of the 11 projects across the company; however, we will try and place you as close to your home location as possible.
If not already qualified you should be working towards your QCF level 2 in Health and Social Care qualification. Proven experience in care advantageous but not essential as full induction and training will be provided.
- We support you in creating a home and work life balance you will have 28 days holiday (pro rata for part time employees).
- You will have access to continuous development opportunities, including sponsorship for professional and academic qualifications.
- You can achieve a yearly performance and attendance related bonus.
- We support you in planning for your future with our occupational pension scheme.
- Access to a Health Care Cash back plan after one years’ continuous service.
- Once employed if you refer a friend to join our team, you can earn up to £200 per recommendation.