Job type: Full-Time, Permanent Hourly rate: £8.72
Location: Residential and domiciliary care within Carmarthenshire, Swansea and Neath and Port Talbot
The ability to drive is essential for this role
M&D Care are an established Care provider, who delivers Residential and Domiciliary Care to individuals with Mental Health and/or Learning Disabilities. As a company, we pride ourselves on providing a high standard of service user based services in order to achieve a fundamental and lasting improvement in the quality of life for individuals requiring support. We believe that all individuals have the ability to grow and develop and residential care is the opportunity for further development along the road to independence. We have an exciting opportunity for anyone who wishes to take the next step in their career in care. As a Support Worker you will provide excellent care, to ensure the well-being, development and comfort of the people we support. You will be involved in supporting the daily activities of the people we support both in our residential homes and within the community. The activities are person-centred; promoting their dignity, independence and well-being. We operate a number of services – some are complex and require an extensive level of support, others are to mentor the people we support in becoming more independent, help them manage their social activities more effectively.
A Support Worker will be expected to work 37.5 hours a week; shift patterns will vary and you will be required to work weekends and nights on a rota’d basis.
You will need to be flexible in you location of work as you could be situated in any of the 11 projects across the company; however, we will try and place you as close to your home location as possible.
If not already qualified you should be working towards your QCF level 2 in Health and Social Care qualification. Proven experience in care advantageous but not essential as full induction and training will be provided.
- Ability to be paid the National Living Wage (£9.30ph) after 12 months, if set criteria met
- Double time for key bank holidays (Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day)
- Early access to a proportion of monthly earnings via EarlyPay App
- All employees under the age of 25 are paid the highest rate of National Minimum Wage
- Refer a Friend bonus (you can earn up to £200 per successful recommendation)
- Free DBS check
- Cost of compulsory Social Care Wales registration fee paid by M&D Care
- Employee Health & Wellbeing Scheme (for staff with >1yr service)
- Comprehensive training
- Career progression
- We support you in creating a home and work life balance you will have 28 days holiday including bank holidays each year (pro rata for part time employees)
- Paid down time for domiciliary care shifts (i.e. you are paid for a full shift, including travel and down time between calls)
- You can achieve a yearly performance and attendance related bonus
- Occupational pension scheme