Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Swansea/Neath and Port Talbot/Llanelli
Salary: £25,000.00 /year
If you are looking for career progression and you are passionate about the community side of Care, then this is an excellent opportunity to join an exceptional team. You will be fully supported in your role by a close-knit team who all share the same passion and values.
Accountable to: Domiciliary Care Manager
Responsible for: Coordinators/ Senior Support Workers/ Support Workers
About M & D Care:
M & D Care are an established family oriented business, which is run by a passionate team of professionals who deliver specialist, complex and bespoke care services throughout South West Wales for people with Learning Disability, Physical Disability and Mental Health needs. Here at M & D Care we aim to offer a high standard of service, to make a fundamental and lasting improvement in the quality of life for individuals requiring support. We believe that everyone should be given the opportunity to succeed and to achieve their goals and aspirations in life however big or small these may be.
Our employees are a diverse, inclusive and a talented team of individuals, striving to make a difference through their everyday work. Working for M & D Care means you’ll get the opportunity to work with amazing people and help to enhance and fulfil the lives of the people we support.
M & D Care are embarking on a significant period of growth and require Support Care Managers to work within its Domiciliary services. You will provide operational support and assistance to the Domiciliary Care Manager, ensuring that goals are achieved through effective management practices and staff are motivated and supported to build strategic, long term and sustainable customer service relationships. As the Support Care Manager, you will be based at one of our Llanelli/Swansea/Neath Port Talbot services with the responsibility for support management of day-to-day operations. You will be supported by an exceptional management team, who are caring, passionate and highly motivated.
As a Support Care Manager you will be supporting individuals to maintain and develop their independence as well as access the community around them. This is a fantastic opportunity to really make a difference to people’s lives and establish strong community relationships.
- Ensuring that the service is in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Completing assessments for the people we support, support plans and risk assessments.
- Ensuring that communication to the care services and other stakeholders identifies their needs and progress.
- Delivering a high standard of support services for the people we support.
- Ensuring high standards and best practices are maintained at all times.
- Familiarising all employees with company policies and procedures and ensuring these are being followed correctly.
- Ensuring all records are maintained, monitored and evaluated to ensure effectiveness.
- Completing, maintaining and submitting reports and records to regulating bodies as required.
- Assisting with the management and motivation of staff including training, development, supervision, appraisals and mentoring of staff in line with their role descriptions.
- The opportunity to progress to Domiciliary Care Manager in future will be available to the right person.
- A passionate individual with experience of working with individuals who have a learning disability and mental health needs.
- A Support care Manager should ideally be QCF qualified. If not already qualified you should be working towards your QCF qualification. Proven experience in care is essential.
- Being able to drive, is essential for this role.
- You will have previous experience working as a senior or deputy, within a domiciliary or residential service.
- You are required to be computer literate, have strong relationship building skills and customer service skills.
- You will have the desire and passion to support individuals to achieve their aspirations and personal goals.
- Broad experience of managing people, service and quality.
- A commitment to enabling people to live fulfilled and independent lives both within their homes and the wider community.
- Be able to provide the Support Workers with the direction, leadership, guidance and support they need to ensure residents they are assigned to receive person centred care in line with their individual needs.
- A high level of personal integrity towards providing an exceptional standard of service.
- A progressive caring service which truly works towards developing your potential
- Modern offices and services
- We’ll support you every step of the way, providing training as well as the opportunity to progress your career
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Pension contribution
- Free DBS check
- Cost of compulsory Social Care Wales registration fee paid by M&D Care
- Employee Health & Wellbeing Scheme (for staff with >1yr service)