Job type: Full-time, Permanent Hourly rate: £8.85 – £9.64
The ability to drive is essential for this post
Location: Llanelli, Carmarthen, Swansea and Neath & Port Talbot
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity with the chance to be part of a fantastic team we want to hear from you!
About M&D Care Ltd
M&D Care are an established Care Provider, we deliver Residential and Domiciliary Care to individuals with Mental Health and/or Learning Disabilities. As a company, we pride ourselves on providing a high standard of services in order to achieve a fundamental and lasting improvement in the quality of life for individuals requiring support. We believe that all individuals have the ability to grow and develop, we provide the opportunities for further development along the road to independence. We have an exciting for anyone who wishes to take the next step in their career in care.
As a Senior Support Worker you will provide excellent care, to ensure the well-being, development and comfort of the people we support. You will be involved in supporting the daily activities of the people we support both in our residential homes and within the community. The activities are person-centred; promoting their dignity, independence and well-being. We operate a number of services – some are complex and require an extensive level of support, others are to mentor the people we support in becoming more independent, help them manage their social activities more effectively.
You will provide support to Managers by organising staff rotas, reconciling petty cash, undertaking staff supervisions and being responsible for leading shifts.
As a Senior Support Worker you will need to be:
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for vulnerable people with mental health and learning disabilities
- Able to work independently – this could involve taking sole responsibility for a person we support, ensuring the safety and health of the people we support are fulfilled
- Understand the need to provide personal care for the people we support.
- Able to work within the regulatory requirements as identified within Social care Wales and Care Inspectorate Wales.
- An effective communicator at different levels.
- A committed team member with the ability to support, involve and consult team members
Additional information for the role of Senior Support Worker
- You will be expected to work 37.5 hours a week; shift patterns will vary and you will be required to work weekends and night on a rota’d basis.
- You will need to be flexible in your location of work as you could be situated in any of the 9 projects across the company in the Carmarthenshire, Swansea and Neath Port Talbot areas. However we will try and place you as close to your home location as possible.
- If not already qualified you will be expected to undertake a QCF level 2 in Health and Social Care qualification as part of the role. You will be fully supported in achieving this.
- If you already have your QCF level 2 in Health and Social Care qualification you will be expected to progress to a level 3 qualification as part of the role.
- Proven experience in care is essential.
- Experience of leading a team and supervising would be advantageous but not essential as full training and support is given.
- We support you in creating a home and work life balance. You will have 30 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees).
- You will have access to continuous development opportunities, including sponsorship for professional and academic qualifications.
- You can achieve a yearly performance and attendance related bonus
- We support you in planning for your future with our occupational pension scheme.
- Access to a Health Care Cash back plan after one years’ continuous service.
- Once employed if you refer a friend to join our team, you can earn up to £200 per recommendation.