Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.60 per hour
Location: Morriston, Swansea
We are looking for Senior Support Workers to join our Residential Living Service in Granville Court, Swansea. This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to be part of a fantastic team working in an exceptional Residential service.
Reporting into the Registered Manager, the Senior Support Worker is responsible for helping to lead the staff team, advocating and providing person centred care and supporting our staff team to perform their wide range of duties appropriately and effectively, ensuring they can deliver the best possible care and support for the people we support.
You will need to be:
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for vulnerable people with mental health, Autism and Learning Disabilities.
- Proficient to a good standard of written and reading English with a good standard of numeracy
- Knowledgeable about issues relating to equal opportunities and how these will affect employees and people we support
- Able to work independently – this could involve taking sole responsibility for a service or work area during a shift
- An effective communicator at all levels.
Senior Support Workers are required to work 37.5 hours a week.
A Senior Support Worker should ideally be QCF level 3 qualified. If not already qualified you should be working towards your QCF level 3 qualification. Proven experience in care is essential.
Care: 1 year (Required)
- Double time for key festive bank holidays
- Early access to a proportion of monthly earnings
- Refer a Friend Bonus Scheme
- Free DBS check
- Social Care Wales registration fee paid by M&D Care
- Employee Health & Wellbeing Scheme ( > 6 months service)
- 30 days holiday including bank holidays
- Yearly performance and attendance related bonus schemes
- Pension scheme
- Full-time contracts available from 37.5 to 45 hours per week