Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Are you compassionate, motivated and driven to truly make a difference? M&D Care are looking for a Deputy Manager to add to their expanding Supported Living team. Nothing compares to the feeling that comes from knowing that you have made a difference to someone else’s life – especially when that someone is a vulnerable adult. Here at M&D Care we place people at the heart of everything we do. As a Deputy Care Manager, you will be fully supported in your role by a close-knit team who all share the same passion and values.
- You will become part of our incredible team, helping to deliver emotional and practical care and support for vulnerable adults and transforming their lives on a daily basis.
- You will be supporting the Manager in the implementation of all policies, procedures, and business objectives.
- You will help to ensure all records are maintained, monitored and evaluated to ensure effectiveness.
- You will liaise with the Manager across the range of operational activities and assume responsibility for managing the Home during the Manager’s absence.
- You will be responsible for providing quality care for vulnerable adults within a residential setting, you will ensure the highest quality of care is provided to the people supported through their person-centred care plans.
- You will be working on a rota basis, which may include early starts, late finishes and day and night shifts and weekend working.
- You will be responsible for monitoring standards of care delivered by qualified and unqualified care staff.
- You will contribute fully to team collaborative working, responding positively to colleagues and action all reasonable work instructions promptly.
- You will assist with the management and motivation of staff including training, development, supervision, appraisals and mentoring of staff in line with their role descriptions.
- You will be involved in facilitating activities which are person-centred, which promote their dignity, independence and well-being.
- You will need to be committed to providing an excellent level of care for vulnerable people with mental health, complex needs and learning disabilities.
- You will need a QCF level 3 in health and social care, or equivalent to be considered for this role.
- You will have experience of the care sector, the regulatory framework, service delivery with excellent working knowledge of the essential standards and statutory inspections in social care.
- You will be a passionate individual, who ideally has experience of working with individuals who have a learning disability and mental health needs.
- You are required to be computer literate, have strong relationship building skills and customer service skills.
- You will have the desire and passion to support individuals to achieve their aspirations and personal goals.
- You will need experience of developing strong relationships with service users, family members, health professionals, local authorities, including GPs and social workers.
- You will need to demonstrate a commitment to enabling people to live fulfilled and independent lives both within their homes and the wider community.
- You will need to be able to provide the Support Workers with the direction, leadership, guidance and support they need to ensure the people supported they are assigned to receive person centred care in line with their individual needs.
- You will need to demonstrate a high level of personal integrity towards providing an exceptional standard of service.
- Double time for festive bank holidays
- All employees under the age of 25 are paid the highest rate of National Minimum Wage
- Refer a Friend bonus (you can earn up to £200 per successful recommendation)
- Free DBS check
- Cost of compulsory Social Care Wales registration fee paid by M&D Care
- Employee Health & Wellbeing Scheme (for staff with >1yr service)
- Comprehensive training
- Career progression
- 30 days holiday including bank holidays each year (pro rata for part time employees)
- Paid down time for domiciliary care shifts (i.e., you are paid for a full shift, including travel and down time between calls)
- You can achieve a yearly performance and attendance related bonus
- Occupational pension scheme
M&D Care are an established family-oriented business, which is run by a passionate team of professionals who deliver specialist, complex and bespoke care services throughout South West Wales for people with Learning Disability, Physical Disability and Mental Health needs. We believe that everyone should be given the opportunity to succeed and to achieve their goals and aspirations in life however big or small these may be.
Our employees are a diverse, inclusive and a talented team of individuals, striving to make a difference through their everyday work. Working for M&D Care means you’ll get the opportunity to work with amazing people and help to enhance and fulfil the lives of the people we support.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from everyone and actively seek a diverse range of applicants. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect.