Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Swansea/Neath and Port Talbot/Llanelli
Salary: £25,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year + the ability to earn a bonus of £1.5k if KPI’s are met
Are you a Care Home Manager who is looking for an exciting opportunity to grow and develop a service or perhaps you are an experienced Deputy Care Manager who is looking for career progression to a management role? Then look no further because M & D Care has an exciting opportunity for you.
About M & D Care:
M & D Care are an established family oriented business, which is run by a passionate team of professionals who deliver specialist, complex and bespoke care services throughout South West Wales for people with Learning Disability, Physical Disability and Mental Health needs. Here at M & D Care we aim to offer a high standard of service, to make a fundamental and lasting improvement in the quality of life for individuals requiring support. We believe that everyone should be given the opportunity to succeed and to achieve their goals and aspirations in life however big or small these may be.
M & D Care are embarking on a significant period of growth and therefore require new managers to join their growing team of care professionals. Our employees are a diverse, inclusive and a talented team of individuals, striving to make a difference through their everyday work. Working for M & D Care means you’ll get the opportunity to work with amazing people and help to enhance and fulfil the lives of the people we support. As the Home Manager, you will be based at one of our Llanelli/Swansea/Neath Port Talbot services with the responsibility for management of day-to-day operations. You will be supported by an exceptional management team, who are caring, passionate and highly motivated.
- Fulfilling the registration requirements and performance standards required by the CIW.
- Completing assessments for the people we support, support plans and risk assessments.
- Delivering a high standard of support services for the people we support.
- Ensuring high standards and best practices are maintained at all times.
- Familiarising all employees with company policies and procedures and ensuring these are being followed correctly.
- Supporting, developing and managing support staff within your service area.
- Ensuring all records are maintained, monitored and evaluated to ensure effectiveness.
- Providing leadership and consultation with your team including supervisions and appraisals.
- Working with our recruitment team to recruit, select and hire potential staff in accordance to relevant job descriptions.
- Completing, maintaining and submitting reports and records to regulating bodies as required.
- Managing the rota coordination team to supply timely rotas for staff.
- Holding regular staff and management meetings.
- You will work closely with our Head of Service and build a strong relationship with our customers, care managers and stakeholders.
- A passionate individual with experience of working with individuals who have a learning disability and mental health needs.
- You will need to have achieved your QCF Level 5 in Health & Social Care or QCF Level 4 in Management or equivalent.
- You will have previous experience working within a management role, at demonstrable experience of management within a domiciliary or residential service.
- You are required to be computer literate, have strong relationship building skills and customer service skills.
- You will have the desire and passion to support individuals to achieve their aspirations and personal goals.
- Broad experience of managing people, service and quality.
- A commitment to enabling people to live fulfilled and independent lives both within the service and the wider community.
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for vulnerable people with mental health and learning disabilities.
- Be able to provide the Support Workers with the direction, leadership, guidance and support they need to ensure residents they are assigned to receive person centred care in line with their individual needs.
- A high level of personal integrity towards providing an exceptional standard of service.
- A progressive caring service which truly works towards developing your potential
- Modern offices and services
- We’ll support you every step of the way, providing training as well as the opportunity to progress your career
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Pension contribution
- Free DBS check
- Cost of compulsory Social Care Wales registration fee paid by M&D Care
- Employee Health & Wellbeing Scheme (for staff with >1yr service)