During this pandemic, millions of us have experienced a mental health
problem, or seen a loved one struggle. Some of us have seen our already fragile mental health plummet, while the support networks around us disappear. And we’ve seen that the support we all need just isn’t out there. For them, for us and for you – we must take this chance to step up the fight for mental health. That means fighting for change, for fairness, for respect and for life-changing support.
The theme for this year’s event is ‘nature‘ – something fitting, after a year where we’ve seen more of our four walls in our homes than the four seasons.
See below for some handy resources:
Head to Mind’s page for more tools.
Or Mental Health Foundation for more great resources during the week too.
Why not try Rethink’s page?
Or even just give these few things a go during the week:
- Cooking a new meal?
- Preparing a picnic – heading to the local park, woodland or go for a
walk. Take your picnic and relax!
- Get out in the garden and enjoy some outdoor games.
- Read a new book.
- Create your own bubble machine outside.
- Have a water fight.
- Go on a nature walk – make a tally of everything you see.
- Encourage lots of talking.